[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Architecture: *_View class?

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Thu Mar 13 08:43:31 GMT 2014

Hi Alan,

Differences between, the preProcess() and process() functions?

In Ajax request preProcess() wont be executed. Only process will execute.
You can see in WebUI.php(includes/main) which is an entry-point file. In
this triggerPreProcess() api is checking if its ajax request, if it is
return, if not execute preprocess().

What is the purpose and use?

The preprocess() api is bascically used to get the static things rendered,
in our crm the top-menu bar is rendered through preprocess(). which remains
same in all views.

The process() api is used to response for user request, which keep changing
randomly. for example in list-view, contents of list-view will change based
on sorting,page-navigation, which is handled by process() api.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> More by luck than judgement I've managed to get to the point where I have
> a complete embedded listview showing inside my GeoTools module.
>
> In my GeoTools' _View class I've created a couple of functions which
> resemble a ListView class' preProcess(), process() and
> initializeListViewContents() functions but do what I need to embed the
> listview data into my GeoTools module: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7083459/(note that the preProcess functions are commented out for now)
>
> I think I'm slowly getting my head round the MVC architecture but I really
> don't understand something that is in these _View classes:
>
> What is the purpose, use and differences between, the preProcess() and
> process() functions?
>
> In the parent classes they seem to do quite similar things but looking at
> the entrypoint code I'm guessing that preProcess is something to do with
> Ajax requests... But then process is also called subsequently by the looks
> of it.
>
> Confused.
>
> Al

With