[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Architecture: *_View class?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:59:59 GMT 2014

More by luck than judgement I've managed to get to the point where I
have a complete embedded listview showing inside my GeoTools module.

In my GeoTools' _View class I've created a couple of functions which
resemble a ListView class' preProcess(), process() and
initializeListViewContents() functions but do what I need to embed the
listview data into my GeoTools module: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7083459/
(note that the preProcess functions are commented out for now)

I think I'm slowly getting my head round the MVC architecture but I
really don't understand something that is in these _View classes:

What is the purpose, use and differences between, the preProcess() and
process() functions?

In the parent classes they seem to do quite similar things but looking
at the entrypoint code I'm guessing that preProcess is something to do
with Ajax requests... But then process is also called subsequently by
the looks of it.

Confused.