[Vtigercrm-developers] Looking for a VT6/GeoTools Cluebat...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:28:29 GMT 2014

On 08/03/14 15:12, Uma S wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> You can do an ajax request to List.php (modules/Accounts/views), which
> will get contents of module listView, which can be rendered in left-hand
> div.

Thanks for this Uma, but I'm not sure it's the right way to achieve what
I ultimately need.

Whilst I can get a list of organisations to display in my div via an
Ajax request, so far I have been unable to get the related actions and
filter menus to display. (Displayed in ListViewActions.tpl)

The way GeoTools works in 5.4.0 required the embedded list view to be
"aware" of the results of the geolocation search but still be able to
use your own listview filters as well.

So my requests will need to contain extra parameters to indicate the
embedded module within the GoeTools module and determine the relevant
result set based on various geo-parameters chosen by the user.

Unfortunately there is not much information on the way this new
architecture actually works I am really wandering around in the dark
trying to fathom out the flows through the system.

For example, what is the purpose of the preProcess, Process and
postProcess functions in the view?

Should I write my own action to handle this embedded module display
paradigm?

I'm sure once we start to understand this new architecture better the
benefits of it will be clear; but it is going to be a steep learning
curve I think ;-)

Cheers