[Vtigercrm-developers] jQuery.Class and extend()

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:28:16 GMT 2014

On 24/06/14 21:34, Prasad wrote:

> Defining key with same name in either static methods / class methods
> block lets you override
> the parent's behavior. (World-Clock example
> <http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/extensions/examples/world-clock-v1.html#step-7-view-javascript>
> overrides registerEvents class method).

Thanks Prasad,

One more question then.

As you say above World_Clock_Js.registerEvents is an override...

There are many other functions triggered by the registerEvents() method
of Vtiger_List_Js which are really important to make the whole ListView
work. I'm guessing that this World_Clock_Js override will not also
trigger all the registerEvent calls in the Vtiger_List_Js method of the
same name?

If that is the case, what is the point of extending/inheriting the
Vtiger_List_Js class in this example?

Why not just have a new class?

Thanks

Libertus Solutions