[Vtigercrm-developers] New Extensions Store! - Take a Tour

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:04:28 GMT 2014

Dear Vtiger Team and All other list members,

There are several good examples how to organize module install manager.
Please look at the Joomla! project solutions:

This approach can be utilized by the vtiger project also.
In the Joomla! project you can find a method to
- install from the web (e.g. from the vtiger store)
- install from package (this method was used in earlier vtiger version),
the package can be placed in a directory or in a URL

and there is a method to install extension by Discover.

For the vtiger - counting future demands - would be very useful:

  * possibility to install from vtiger store
  * possibility to install from package
  * possibility to install by bootstrap string (for developing using
    vtlib API)
  * or possibility to install by CLI

And should be there a possibility to Update all earlier installed
extensions.

I do not suggest to close any earlier used possibility to install
extensions into vtiger.
By my opinion the install from store possibility should be an extra over
the earlier used methods but not a replacement.

Kindest regards:
Istvan

üdvözlettel:

*Holbok István*