[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 6.x documentation -> Can we also use phpDocumentor?

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 10:41:31 GMT 2014

Dear Vtiger Team,

As I was involved in several Joomla 1.5, 2.5 or 3.x related development
project in the last years, I regularly used the Joomla API
documentations that shows all class (object) hierarchy and relations,
including properties and methods.
Reviewing in the last days the available vtiger 6.x (and earlier)
documentation I realized a *lack of such documentations* like Joomla
Platform and API.
Here is the Joomla API documentations powered by *phpDocumentor*.
http://api.joomla.org/framework-1/namespaces/default.html

By my opinion the phpDocumentor <http://www.phpdoc.org/> would be the
good tool for the vtiger 6.x documentation also.
http://www.phpdoc.org/

The vtiger trac
<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/6.1.0>
is not a documentation tool for the classes, objects, methods etc. and
also do not show the hierarchy.
The applied MVC pattern assumes available knowledge of the parent
classes, but this knowledge is hidden in the source code without good
documentation.

If I could suggest it would be very useful to establish an online
documentation using for example phpDocumentor or such a tools pulling
codes from the vtiger trac immediately.

Kindest regards:
Istvan Holbok

--