[Vtigercrm-developers] Preview of New Marketplace (Portal) for Extensions

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Wed Jul 9 12:27:01 GMT 2014

Thanks for the feedback.

Bastiaan, thanks for the correction. the link should be
marketplace.vtiger.com

*Needing an extension loader will not make vTiger popular on shared
> hosting....**More reason than before to keep the manual install button!*

We are heeding the feedback from all of you and will be including the
manual install option in final version of 6.1

> *Creating an account in the store requires the username to be an email
> address. Bit strange and besides that , there is no mentioning of that. It
> asks for a 'desired' username....If only the email address is needed , I see
> no reason to ask for it again as username.*

We initially thought of picking a unique username automatically for each
instance. Later, we felt users might want to reuse same login on multiple
instances (allowing them to install paid apps on multiple devices,
developers can set limit for installs per purchase). We will be completing
this transition shortly.

Andrew,

*One more thing is installing store extension :-) I believe many users
> don't know what is CLI and have no access to terminal  as they are on
> shared environment. Worth consideration*

i did not follow this. Please clarify

What we would like to see is the possibility to try extensions before buy.
> It means that in store developers should have an option to expose link to
> online public profile with installed extension.

We will be providing the Try option in a couple of weeks time, in time
before 6.1 final version.

Simone.

> *now I can rate also if I didn't buy the extension. I think rating have to
> be limited to buyer.*

We will address this in a future update

Regards,
Sreenivas