[Vtigercrm-developers] Removed extension install button from vtiger 6.1. SVN 14162?

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Mon Jul 7 06:36:48 GMT 2014

Hi,

We are coming up with these approach, to strictly allow modules only which
are module manager compatible. So any module that need to be imported
through module manager should actually come through extension store. This
doesn't make much difference. In turn this provide tight security for the
extension as well as source.

Still we can test install from file through console tool. Please check
<http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/vtlib/console-tool.html?highlight=console>
this.

With
Best Regards
Uma S
Vtiger Team

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM, scott huxley <huxleyorama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frankly as a regular user of vTiger the install option should stay. After
> all its only a button. As long as warnings are clear for users the rest is
> on them. Trying to hide this feature away is a backward step for users.
>
> What you are really creating is an unfriendly "user" experience. The app
> store will be a great addition and success I am sure- but do not forget
> about regular users of vTiger.
>
> Regards,
> Scott
>

> On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Zebra Hosting <support at zebrahosting.eu>
> wrote:
>

>>  Still not convinced this is the right way to go. People on shared
>> servers will not have access to the console option in general….
>> You could argue, it should not be on a shared server or people using
>> shared servers should only use the market but it is limiting to much in my
>> opinion.
>> Dropping some files via FTP and running a command from the browser could
>> be an alternative?
>>
>>  Bastiaan Houtkooper
>> Zebra Hosting
>>

>>   From: Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com>
>> Date: zaterdag 5 juli 2014 19:14
>> To: "vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com" <
>> vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Removed extension install button
>> from vtiger 6.1. SVN 14162?
>>
>>   Hi,
>>
>>  Changes related to Extension Store has been pushed to trac 6.1.0, So
>> these changes has been reflected. Soon we are going ahead with validation
>> so please co-operate. For installation of extension module through script
>> we can use console tool.
>>
>>  With
>> Best Regards
>> Uma S