[Vtigercrm-developers] A user can assign an entity to all other users and groups

Jonathan Sardo sardoj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:56:48 GMT 2014

Sreenivas,

Thank you for your answer. But I think there is a digression from Vtiger 5
to Vtiger 6.

*Here a use case:*
Vtiger CRM is used for a company called "MyBigCompany International" which
is composed by several branches:
- Branch 1: MyBigCompany London
- Branch 2: MyBigCompany Paris
- Branch 3: MyBigCompany New York
Theses branches *never communicate together* and we do not want, for
example, an user from MyBigCompany London assigns a record to users from
MyBigCompany Paris.

To filter data, it is necessary to set modules to *private mode*.
Given, *private
mode uses Groups to filter records*, you have to create several groups (1
group by branch):
- Group 1: MyBigCompany London
- Group 2: MyBigCompany Paris
- Group 3: MyBigCompany New York

If I follow your method, I create also 3 roles:
- Role 1: Role for MyBigCompany London
- Role 2: Role for MyBigCompany Paris
- Role 3: Role for MyBigCompany New York
[image: Images intégrées 5]

However, as *the assignment system uses Roles rather than Groups*, it is
possible to assign a record to* every groups*.

[image: Images intégrées 4]
*(Demo user is in the group "MyBigCompany London" and has the role "Role
for MyBigCompany London")*

I think it is a *security vulnerability in Vtiger 6.* But this problem does
not exist in Vtiger 5, given the assignment system uses Groups.

Regards,

Jonathan SARDO
[image: Images intégrées 5]