[Vtigercrm-developers] A user can assign an entity to all other users and groups

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Fri Jan 3 12:31:10 GMT 2014

Jonathan,

*I would like to create two groups: Company1 and Company2. Data will be
> well filtered for each companies, but members of Company1 will be able to
> assign records to members of Company2. Is it possible to add this choice
> into the Role Edit View: User can assign records to users with same group?*

A user can belong to multiple groups. So, "*User can assign records to
users with same group" *choice might not be appropriate.

In your case, It is better to create two different roles at the same level.
Role 1 for Company1 and Role 2 for Company2. Users with Role1 will only be
able to assign records to users in their company using the "Users having
same role or subordinate roles' setting.

Regards,
Sreenivas