[Vtigercrm-developers] Best practice for changing language files

Max Clarke max at smarte.com.au
Sun Feb 23 23:36:49 GMT 2014

Hi guys,

What's the recommended way to change language files to (for example) rename
modules and menu titles. I want to do this in a way that lets future vTiger
upgrades run without me having to work out what files are different and
re-apply changes.

Perhaps I can subclass the module and override the language label
definitions? And then hide the original module? Is it easy enough to
subclass existing modules to extend functionality? I haven't seen any
information around about extending/subclassing existing modules without
editing core files.

Thanks

Max