[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger6: almost blank page during setup

Steffen Schaumburg schaumburg at euratel.de
Thu Feb 6 14:17:22 GMT 2014

Hi,
I've been trying to get vTiger6 to work first in Debian 7 with PHP 5.4,
now in Debian 6 with PHP 5.3. Both were brand-new VMs. Surprisingly both
show the same behaviour so I suspect it's not the PHP version after all.

The wizard starts fine, confirms that all dependencies are installed and
all setting are correct and then shows me the mask where I have to enter
the database info and the info about the first admin account. Then I
click next and it shows a blank page, except for the vTiger logo in the
top left, and the text "Installation Wizard" in the top right.

After some search I found the advise to add "ini_set('display_errors',
'1');" to the top (after the php opening tag of course) of index.php and
config.inc.php but it still behaves exactly the same.

Any pointers what I could try to diagnose and fix this?

Thanks,
Steffen