[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Mail Manager

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Thu Feb 6 12:40:47 GMT 2014

> *1. The "Loading Inbox" throbber never leaves the screen..Why is it slow?*

Usually, the time depends on the number of emails that are in the inbox and
the number of folders. But, this time should not be any different between
5.4 and 6.0.

2. Why can't I just enter an email address in the To: box? Why must I
> select first the Module, then wait for a popup, then search for the {Lead,
> Contact etc.}

If an email is sent to a random address without a Contact/Lead/Org record,
then the email will not be archived. For this reason, we didn't allow users
to type in email address if Compose window is initiated from these modules.

However the compose window in Mail Manager allows users to type in any
email address. Lookup on the right does auto-fill by searching email
addresses across all modules.

We are improving the Mail Manager in the next version to auto search email
address directly from the TO field.

3. When i click Send, I get "SMTP Connect() failed."

We will need to investigate this.

4. Why aren't drafts in my Drafts folder of my IMAP account?

Drafts are being stored locally in the CRM, and not sent to the IMAP server.

5. Related list of emails shows NO indication that an email is sent, draft
> or whatever. Not one of the 4 emails shown in the related list screenshot
> has ever been sent. 2 of them are actually draft, the other 2 failed to
> send in the first place, yet when you open them it says they were sent.

Right now the only way to tell if it is a draft or not, is by checking the
Access Count. If Access Count is empty then that is indication that email
has not been sent. If email is sent Access Count will be 0 or a higher
number.  In your case, all the 4 emails are drafts as Access Count is empty.

I filed this to remove Date Sent and Time Sent for Drafts and add a flag -
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7935

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Not one of the 4 emails shown in the related list screenshot has ever
>> been sent. 2 of them are actually draft, the other 2 failed to send in the
>> first place, yet when you open them it says they were sent.
>>
>> Al

With
Best Regards
Uma.S