[Vtigercrm-developers] MYC vTiger Customer Portal UPDATED VERSION 0.5 - NEW FEATURES!

makeyourcloud info at makeyourcloud.com
Fri Dec 19 09:51:53 GMT 2014

Hi Stacey, maybe you don’t like our portal, and reading your comment maybe
you never tried it, you never downloaded it, you never open a single file
from this project… maybe!

The simple reason why i say you this is because our portal and our
philosophy is the real opposite of what you said, we are sure that MYC
Vtiger Customer Portal is the first and the  only one customer portal for
vTiger CRM that had this characteristic:

FOR THE SIMPLE USERS
-Visual configurator (do you think that is part of the theme? is this not a
new features that could save a lot of time to people that doesn’t know about
coding? )
-Events Calendar (could you show events to your customer with some other
customer portal?)
-Dashboard View ( not really fundamental but just a plus for the enduser)

FOR THE DEVELOPERS
-Modular MVC Pattern and Object Oriented Code (it means that ALL the code
had to be re-written with a modern, clean and more comprehensible file and
folder structure, not just “changed the portal theme”),we had rebuild from
scratch the entire portal to be more easily customizable for EVERYONE not
just for us, you can also easily make a theme or a module and distribute it.

-VTWSCLIB Integration ( no one had integrated a vtwsclib module on a public
Customer Portal project ), with a bit of knowing in development ( just add
some params to an array ) you could show ANY MODULE from your CRM, and we
are planning to make this feature accessible to the enduser, without coding
a single line.

and most other feaures that you can see if you really evaluate the project.

I would like to ask you what you means with "vtiger needs robust portal with
completely new philosophy”?

We are always disposed to collaborate with the vtiger development team to
make this portal the point of start for a new standard customer portal and
with the community to improve it and plan new features.

A last thing about "everything smells commercial here”, in this particular
case, i can ensure you that develop a completely new portal with this
features require months of development and continuous maintenance when the
project is started, as the project is not only OpenSource but completely
FREE, you know that there are not revenues to maintain the development
process, and no developers from the community participating on this project,
so the only way to try to under-pay our months of work is to sell some
theme. (if you see the price of our themes is ridiculous instead other
themes for the original portal that you pay 7 times more).

ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD: you can find our portal directly searching makeyourcloud
on GitHub or clicking on the GitHub link present on our website.