[Vtigercrm-developers] Profile field restrictions on Quotes etc...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:04:11 GMT 2014

A customer asked me this morning why she couldn't make certain field
read only on a quote.

The fields that are calculated I understand, but Shipping and Handling
Charges, Discount and Adjustment boxes are not auto-calculated yet
cannot be set to read only for certain users...

Basically she only wants certain user to be able to edit 4 fields; three
custom fields and the Quote Stage (this also means they shouldn't be
able to add, edit or remove products too).

It doesn't look like this is possible. Why?

Cheers