[Vtigercrm-developers] workflows in v6

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Mon Apr 21 05:03:10 GMT 2014

Michael,

*Will this functionality be available in future releases vTiger?*

Yes, we plan to include this in 6.2 planned for end of this year.

If you need this right away, i wanted to let you know that the feature is
available with On Demand.

Regards,
Sreenivas

--
Sreenivas Kanumuru
vtiger Team

Direct: +91 96323-55656
Skype: skanumuru

*Connect with us on: *Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/vtigercrm> *I*
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/vtiger/226866697333578?sk=wall> *I*
Blog <http://blog.vtiger.com/>* I*
Wiki<http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Main_Page>
 *I *Forums  <http://forums.vtiger.com/>*I* Website <http://vtiger.com/>

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Michael Lockwood
<michael at lockwood.us.com>wrote:

> Will this functionality be available in future releases vTiger?
>

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Rishab K <rishab.k at vtiger.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Michael,
>>
>> Currently Vtiger 6 doesn't support workflow tasks based on related
>> modules.Hence,in your case when the Opportunity sales stage of the related
>> Quote is changed to Closed Won Or Closed Lost.The custom field Quote
>> Status's value of the Quote is not changed to Inactive.
>> But it works good other way around.i.e, by saving the same Quote(Without
>> making any changes to it) record after changing the Opportunity sales stage
>> of the Quote to Closed Won Or Closed Lost.
>> In short the workflow task is only triggered on the Save of the Quote
>> record.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rishab-Vtiger Team
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Michael Lockwood <
>> michael at lockwood.us.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I also have a question about workflow.  I see that there are some
>>> options to "Update Field" tasks in workflow.  My goal is to have a custom
>>> field in the quotes module labeled "Quote Status" changed from Active to
>>> Inactive when an Opportunity is set to "Closed Won" or "Closed Lost".
>>>  Here's what I have setup, but it's not working:
>>>
>>> 1.  Module is "Quotes"; "Every time the record is saved" is selected.
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>> 2.  Conditions are set to (Opportunities) Sales Stage is "Closed Won" or
>>> "(Opportunities) Sales Stage is "Closed Lost" - these are in the "Any"