[Vtigercrm-developers] "special" Listview filter.

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 15:05:44 UTC 2013

I'm trawling for some ideas...

In GeoTools, now I've added a counter to show how many
{Contacts,Leads,Organisations etc.} records have been Geocoded against
the total available, it should be obvious now that there should be a way
to view all those records that *aren't* Geocoded so you can work out why...

Originally I was going to add a simple bool field to the module (via
VTLIB) when the admin enabled a module for Geocoding. This would then be
a simple exercise for the admi to create their own filter based on the
value of that field.

However, I have a nagging reticence about adding fields to a user's
system where I might not have to.

It's a very simple SQL query to retrieve all the not-deleted $module$
records that do not have a corresponding crmid in the _geotools table.

But the question is, how can I "present" that as a normal filter? I
don't think I can...

I "could" make a customised ListView layout and provide access via the
GeoTools settings area, but I suspect any business larger than a handful
of users will not want the admin to spend days going through hundreds of
records tidying up addresses; it's definately a non-admin task.

So, has anyone got any suggestions as to how this could be done? So far
GeoTools hasn't required *any* core hacks. I want to keep it that way.

PS: Anyone with better knowledge of VT6, will this be easier/harder to
do in a module for VT6. If it will be much easier then I may just wait
and work on migrating GeoTools to VT6 as it is...

Cheers