[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigercrm-developers Digest, Vol 94, Issue 11

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Mon Nov 11 09:29:49 GMT 2013

I just wanted to explain why Vtiger 6 is available in Vtiger CRM On Demand
and not released tor open source yet. Some features in Vtiger 6 aren't yet
ready, and wouldn't be ready even for 6.0 release time (we plan to defer
those to 6.1). On Demand includes Vtiger 5.4 UI as well, and some of our OD
users still refer back to 5.4 UI for features missing in new UI. Vtiger 6
open source will not include the 5.4 UI. So Open source users will not have
the ability to switch to old UI for missing features. For this reason, we
are waiting to get most of the features into Vtiger 6 before releasing it
to public.

--
Sreenivas Kanumuru
vtiger Team