[Vtigercrm-developers] Seeking clarification regarding Taxes

Frank Piepiorra fp at crm-now.de
Fri May 24 15:52:10 UTC 2013

Subject: [Vtigercrm-developers] Seeking clarification regarding Taxes
	and	Charges Enhancements in Vtiger

Hi,

We are working to enhance the functionality of taxes in inventory modules.
We have few questions on how the taxing system will be ?
Listed below are our queries
[[crm-now]] Mani, I may tell you how it looks here in Germany (Austria). In
principle the individual and the group tax mode as they are currently with
5.4.0 cover already all possible cases. So there no really a need for
enhancements.

Will tax be always on the post-discount price of a product?
[[crm-now]] yes

Will Sales people be selecting the taxes when they add a product to an
Invoice?
[[crm-now]] Probably not. Since a tax depends on the type of
product/services it is expected that the tax stored at a product/service
entry gets filled in automatically.

An Invoice will have many line items. Should taxes be selectable at the
line item level? or should they be selectable only at invoice level (i.e,
the same taxes will apply for all items in the invoice).
[[crm-now]] On both.

Should tax values displayed at item level ?
[[crm-now]] yes

Should we show Net price after taxing at item level ?
[[crm-now]] It is sufficient at it is with 5.4.0 now.

Should the compound tax is on (all the taxes above + Amount ) OR  is on
(some taxes + Amount) ?
[[crm-now]] all taxes

Is it common to impose tax on the total value of purchase if we already
added at Item Level ?
[[crm-now]] Item level taxes are only necessary if you have different taxes
for different line items (individual tax mode)

How common is imposing taxes on charges (Ex: shipping tax on Shipping
Charges ) ?
[[crm-now]] common, since you may deduct taxes and shipping costs
differently

Is multilevel taxing (Taxing at subtotal stages) needed ?
[[crm-now]] no

Please clarify.
Also if you have any references, models, thoughts please do share.

Mani,
Vtiger Team