[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6 Usability Observation

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:12:48 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

further to the recent update there's one more thing I've seen in vtiger
6 that I think needs to be addressed...

Almost all of our customers today enable single pane view.

With the new Summary view and Details view there is no way to get a
single page showing everything. The tabs on the right hand side linking
to the various related entities *really* need to indicate to the user
there are related entities or not.

I think that ideally there should be a number next to those items that
have related records, e.g.

Comments (2)
Emails (6)
Documents
Products (1)

Alternatively, if taking a count is going to be excessive on db traffic,
perhaps the tab name simply gets highlighted in some way to indicate
there are records and not if there are none.

As it stands now, as a user we have no way of knowing if there are
related records without having to manually click and go into the various
tabs which is going to be a PITA.

Cheers