[Vtigercrm-developers] A note on Role based picklists in vtiger6

salim salimcmd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 18:28:06 UTC 2013

Hi All,
@*Doug,*
I think you read the mail What *AL *sent last, now you know Why it
happened? and Why it so effected in performance?.
Also we have options to resolve that kinda issues, (Not for 50 pick list in
a module :P ) As *Adam* said, we can use Database caching, if
someone don't need UIType 15 they can use 16, (Add this choice in Field
editor) or we can create a New UIType and so on.

Role based Pick list is a important and a nice feature that should have to
have a Application like this,

I think you guys should have to put back that after some time, Since vtiger
is growing UP not growing DOWN(?). Also keep in mind Migration from old
version and the People they are using this feature.

Do we still need to through away that nice feature.

Thanks
--
Salim

On 21 March 2013 20:17, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/03/13 14:26, Doug wrote:
>
>> It seems that it is a huge performance issue.
>>
>> Check out Allen's earlier post about performance issues related to the
>> feature.
>>

> It is, but do bear in mind that that was a module that had ~50 role-based
> picklist fields alone! The customer added them via the Module Manager so
> they will *always* be type 15 (role based). Some of them had almost 100
> values too!
>
> It seems to me from the comments so far, that it might be preferable to
> support the creation of *either* type of picklist in the Module Manager and
> explain the pros & cons of each.
>
> And of course, use a database cache ;-)
>

> Al

Muhammed Abdul Salim