[Vtigercrm-developers] A note on Role based picklists in vtiger6

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 14:47:08 UTC 2013

On 21/03/13 14:26, Doug wrote:
> It seems that it is a huge performance issue.
>
> Check out Allen's earlier post about performance issues related to the
> feature.

It is, but do bear in mind that that was a module that had ~50
role-based picklist fields alone! The customer added them via the Module
Manager so they will *always* be type 15 (role based). Some of them had
almost 100 values too!

It seems to me from the comments so far, that it might be preferable to
support the creation of *either* type of picklist in the Module Manager
and explain the pros & cons of each.

And of course, use a database cache ;-)