[Vtigercrm-developers] Performance Tweaking? (Result)

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:16:59 PDT 2013

On 06/03/13 16:09, Alan Lord wrote:

> One particluar module, lets call it "A", has rather a lot of fields in
> various blocks (~94). By way of a comparison it takes ~2.5 seconds to
> load a detailview for module "A" whereas for an Account or Contact it
> takes about 0.5 seconds...

Prasad very kindly took a look at this for us as he was rather
interested in what the issue was.

He suggested we look at changing some of the picklists (the customer's
module has grown to have ~50 picklist fields!) from UIType 15
(role-based) to UIType 16 (non-role-based).

This change requires the addition of a `sortorderid` column and
associated values to the related table(s) that hold the picklist values
as well as the obvious changes to vtiger_field.

Here are the results of changing 45 of the picklists from 15 to 16 in
seconds according to Google Chrome:

Load module "A" Detail View (UIType 15) - 6.28, 5.35, 5.75
Load module "A" Detail View (UIType 16) - 2.03, 2.08, 2.00

Load module "A" Edit View (UIType 15) - 11.69, 11.04, 11.57
Load module "A" Edit View (UIType 16) - 3.31, 3.18, 3.20

These tests were done on my laptop (which is not a fast machine). On our
development server, the Edit View page load is down to less than one
second where it was around 4 - 5 before.

Thanks for the suggestion Prasad. That has made a big difference :-)

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk