[Vtigercrm-developers] Need for a different kind of UI Type 10...

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Fri Jun 14 14:59:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone else has had similar requirements in the past, or
> has any smart ideas about how to achieve something similar?

Yeah, we've toyed around with stuff like that in the past, users
especially.  For example, we had a requirement to only be able to assign
Leads to users in the Sales group.  We did it with a custom popup; behavior
in detail and edit views was unchanged.  If I were to try to write a more
general solution, I think I would embed some additional data in
vtiger_field.typeofdata and add code to Detail/EditViewUtils.