[Vtigercrm-developers] Need for a different kind of UI Type 10...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:25:36 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have, on a few occasions, come across the need to have a normal
select/option element in a module which is populated by either a full,
or filtered list of other an module's entities, such as Users or Vendors
etc...

I don't need it to be a "related" link as is the case with a UIType 10,
but rather just a way of recording some useful data without having to
maintain a separate list in a picklist.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar requirements in the past,
or has any smart ideas about how to achieve something similar?

Cheers

Al

PS: In case you are wondering, reporting breaks horrendously if you have
more than one type 10 field to the same module.