[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6 - Date Time Stamping on Comments

Vikas Jain vikas at vtiger.com
Mon Jun 3 06:05:06 UTC 2013

Daniel, Doug,

Thanks you for the suggestions, yes making it user defined option should
not be too difficult
but i think we should not complicate the system with too many
configurations. First question i would
ask is it worth a configuration? Lesser configurations would reduce the
time to setup a new user with
less overhead of managing his account and settings. We will review this.

 On 31 May 2013 21:46, Doug <sailsfast at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, should be selectable.
>
> The day display and hover seems slick but is WORTHLESS for business.
> On May 31, 2013 12:01 PM, "Daniel Thompson" <developingdanny at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vikas,
>>
>> OK I can see this now but I still see this as a user defined option as it
>> falls under the same category as Time Zones, Currency's etc
>>
>> I see that Facebook takes this approach but businesses like to see raw
>> data and having to hover over this to find the date and time in raw form is
>> slightly excessive.
>>
>> I can see the benefits of making this a user defined option and hope you
>> add this to your Road Map.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Danny
>>

>> On 31 May 2013 16:46, Vikas Jain <vikas at vtiger.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> You can see the exact date and time when the comment was added if you
>>> hover on the time 19 days ago etc,
>>> similarly even on the History and Calendar dashboards we show the exact
>>> time when you hover your mouse.

>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Vikas