[Vtigercrm-developers] Listview isPermitted calls

Richard Hills - TechnologyWise richard at tw.co.nz
Wed Jan 16 11:29:52 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

I was just looking at include/ListView/ListViewController.php in vtiger
5.4 and saw that the isPermitted calls in the action builder section of
the script just checks access to the module and not to the actual
record. This was leaving us with "edit" buttons next to records which
users only had read-only access to, nobody had complained however it was
easier to debug our multiple assignment system with this working properly.

I just wanted to check if anyone else had noticed this and checked into
it, I can only presume that this was done on purpose in order to speed
up rendering speed of the list view pages. Although I have updated our
system with this change I have as yet not had a chance to test it in a
busy system so any feedback would be great.

Thank you