[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6.0 RC - Extensions Porting Review

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Sat Dec 28 12:53:05 GMT 2013

Jonathan,

Result : Instead to have FIELD_1 and FIELD_2 in BLOCK_B, there are 2 blocks
> (FIELD_1 in BLOCK_A and FIELD_2 in BLOCK_B).
> Then, blocks sequences are not respected.

Module update is targeted to be constructive (in many cases)- meaning the
existing configuration will be persevered like ... fields etc. Due to this
BlockA with FieldA will not be dropped. Since Blocks are primarily
identified by label BlockB will be created as it is missing.

You can use vtlib_handler to adjust the destructive actions (like dropping
the field) and handle the implications. But user can customize the field
between blocks easily with Layout Editor.

Moreover, as I said in a previous email, "Filter All" fields are not
> updated.

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7878 - we will review post
6.0

Regards,