[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6.0 RC - Extensions Porting Review

Stefan Warnat ich at stefanwarnat.de
Fri Dec 27 12:02:42 GMT 2013

Hy,

Yes. I found one real blocker, I couldn't solve via JavaScript to save
performance.

The DetailView was improved heavily to increase extending features. (After
the moment I understand the new Widget System with Sidebars)

But the ListView is missing some features I used to highlight rows.
There are no more attributes *vtfieldname* and *vtrecordid* in ListView.

But probably they are not needed if there will be a way to modify the
behavior of the "List" View in Accounts module from my Extension module.
The documentation don't say anything about this. But perfect will be a
function to interfere in the Template Parsing or Handling of a view in
selected module. But I don't have any Idea, how this could be done.

I fear a similar ListView handling, like I do in 5.40 is not possible in
6.0 in this easy way.
I will need to migrate my increased EventHandler (
https://github.com/swarnat/vtigerCRM-EventHandler) to 6.0 to allow extended
List modifications. (Probably this will be a way to handle this in Core,
like Wordpress does)
This don't impact the performance and allows very much new extensions.

I think most developers need only a way to insert or search/replace parts
of the output.

But: 6.0 is a great software!

Stefan