[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 & Google Map License

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 10:15:40 GMT 2013

On 11/12/13 09:41, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> Thanks Alan, I reviewed the terms but didn't find clarity (since they
> say 25,000 / day is free). I don't believe there is an issue in using
> the Maps API in the open source product, since it is free. I emailed
> them to get clarify about the Maps API use in our SaaS offering. I'll
> update this thread, if i hear back.

It's not about the Free Access; it's the other part about "Public Access"...

For almost all CRM installations I can think of, access is not "public".
It is a restricted community of users, often behind a firewall or VPN
type access.

Specifically that use-case is not permitted in 9.1.1 (b):

https://developers.google.com/maps/terms#section_9_1

It's somewhat clouded by the example in 9.1.3 (a) but I think that they
are referring to websites where you must register but not pay to
register. In the case of typical vtiger installations, they might be
"visible" on the Internet, but our customers certainly don't offer it as
"public" access ;-)