[Vtigercrm-developers] Stupid Question: Report on ToDos ONLY

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Thu Dec 5 20:23:01 GMT 2013

On 05/12/13 16:33, Alan Lord wrote:
> So what's the right way to filter a report (5.4.0) so it only shows
> ToDos and not Events as well?

Can't really help you but

> But it really feels a bit hacky.

That's like a lot of 'improvements' !

We're losing the quick 'by time' filter that we used ALL the time in
5.2.x to quickly flip back over invoices due over 30/60/90/full year,
current year/ or whatever, and which seems to have been buried in the
report generation (why?) in 5.4 and been replaced with a massively
cumbersome 'Advanced Filter' that is anything but.

So even though I delete the advanced filter in the report creation, and
select Standard filter, I ALWAYS get the dumb and un-required Advance
Filter. And I have to either do some complicated date sum (or my less
than capable users have to), or generate another report. Why pray tell me ??

Why couldn't we have a choice - say simple date filter (as before) or
messy bodge up ?

B. Rgds
John