[Vtigercrm-developers] calendar optimization

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Tue Aug 13 20:14:02 UTC 2013

We do a ton of scheduling here, so our calendars get hammered all the time.
 Some of our larger stores are starting to see performance problems due to
various calendar queries running full index scans.  The most prevalent
examples are readAppointment [1][2] and getEventList [3].  Due to all the
OR conjunctions in the WHERE clauses, MySQL is unable to determine a useful
index, even after I've removed all of the CAST/CONCAT calls.  Is anyone
else having performance problems with their calendar?  I have some fairly
drastic ideas on how to solve the problem.  ;)

[1]
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/5.4.0/modules/Calendar/Appointment.php#L61
[2]
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/6.0.0/modules/Calendar/Appointment.php#L61