[Vtigercrm-developers] [VTiger6] [ URGENT ! ] MailManager / Imap - problem with attachments - please HELP :)

Rietz, Artur a.rietz at opensaas.pl
Mon Apr 22 06:45:35 UTC 2013

I hope someone know the answer :)
Regards, Rietz Artur

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rietz, Artur <a.rietz at opensaas.pl>
Date: 2013/4/19
Subject: [VTiger6] [ URGENT ! ] MailManager / Imap - problem with
attachments
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

Hello ,

Our client is using not typical Mail Server and While using his Mail
Server,  I have encountered strange problem with attachments which contains
symbols from iso-8859-2 charset in filename... I am getting all of these
filenames without this symbols in imap or mail manager.

Example1:
filename: ś.png ; ł.png , ń.png, ą.png etc

If i send these kind of attachments they WOULD NOT appear in mail manager.
( If i am using client's mail server, on my test gmail account - it is
working fine )

Example 2:
Filename: test ś.png ; test ł.png etc

If i sent them, i would get test.png attachment only.
( If i am using client's mail server, on my test gmail account - it is
working fine )

Notice: To be sure I have checked how is working  with Gmail Mail Server
 and MailManager - everything is correct.

I checked it with stand alone script ( only a few imap instructions 5lines
? to get particular mail with attachments ) - and the problem is the same
like in mail manager.

It doesnt matter if i try mail manager or my script on localhost, on
outside server. The error is the same. However these attachments are
working fine on this "strange" Mail Server while I am using MS Outlook.

I have encountered that gmail see different encoding for filenames:
for: ń, ś ł, gmail use : iso-8859-2
for: ó - gmail use : iso-8859-1

On this one client's server this "iso-8859-2 attachments are not working
correctly. Do you have ANY idea why ? Is it configuration problem ? (
php.ini ) , it is php imap problem ? or do you have any suggestion what can
cause such strange problems ? Maybe it is MailManager issue ?

Regards, Rietz Artur