[Vtigercrm-developers] Right uitype/displaytype for field formula?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:40:48 UTC 2013

On 11/04/13 16:23, Vikas Jain wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Uitype 3 is perfect for your use but the workflow is restricting it to
> be shown in Update Field task.

Thanks for the reply Vikas. It's nearly perfect, but of course if the
desired field is to show currency then UIType 3 is not that good (no
currency symbol added to the label) but we can probably live without
that as the customer only uses a single currency.

> I was looking at vtiger_ws_fieldtype table for uitype 3 its marked as
> "autogenerated". As far as i
> remember uitype 4 is the only autogenerated field, but uitype 3 should
> be available for workflows.
> Removing this from this table would mean that webservices will be able
> to update this field.

Thanks for the info - I will test this when I get chance and report
back. I wonder if there would be any other "knock on effects" of
removing this entry though?

Thanks again,

Alan