[Vtigercrm-developers] Right uitype/displaytype for field formula?

Vikas Jain vikas at vtiger.com
Thu Apr 11 15:23:59 UTC 2013

Alan,

Uitype 3 is perfect for your use but the workflow is restricting it to be
shown in Update Field task.
I was looking at vtiger_ws_fieldtype table for uitype 3 its marked as
"autogenerated". As far as i
remember uitype 4 is the only autogenerated field, but uitype 3 should be
available for workflows.
Removing this from this table would mean that webservices will be able to
update this field.

On 10 April 2013 13:04, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/04/13 08:17, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
>

>> If I get time I might take a look at that. Problem is right now, if you
>> create a new field in vtlib and give it a displaytype=2 first, then you
>> won't even see the field in the Workflow Task field picklist! If you
>> change it to a "2" after creating the Task (or do it programatically)
>> then the Update Field task doesn't update the field.
>>

> Gah - Think it's down to the insertIntoCrmEntity() and the
> insertIntoEntityTable() functions in CRMEntity.php...
>
> Lots of checks for displaytype 1 or 3 only. :-(
>
> Also, it looks like if the vtiger_profile2field is readonly then it won't
> work either ;-)
>

> Al
>
> --
> Libertus Solutions