[Vtigercrm-developers] Bugs etc - Was password vs accessKey

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Tue Apr 9 22:12:20 UTC 2013

Sorry but I didn't want to hijack the other thread.... but I did want to
reply.....

On 09/04/13 22:33, Prasad wrote:> @Admin: Sorry, I missed the reply to
this thread earlier and noticed the
> same in my Drafts.
> I have updated the same on ticket
> <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7668#comment:2>.
>
> @John: Can you any specific ticket that need attention, our team is
> following:
> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/report/37

They didn't do anything about any of these that I posted, at least not
in that version... and I'm no dev - just trying to report bugs to help.
You give up in the end.

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&reporter=jcrisp&order=priority

Sorry Prasad, but the *reality* is if I really went looking, there would
be a truckload more. We both know that. We *all* know that.

Yes, sure some are fixed in a later version, but what if I don't use it
yet ? The bugs are just left like dead leaves on a dying tree. No notes,
or comments.

As Adam, a top developer, says in his post above :

"I've gotten out of the habit of patching and uploading everything as
Trac tickets, as I haven't seen movement on many of them."

So you are not even listening to the top guys, let alone us little ones,
and people have been saying the same thing ever since I've been here,
and are still saying it both here and in the forums.

That might be a brutal assessment, but it is the truth.

It seems a release is pushed out, and if there is anything majorly wrong
you might push a patch out, and that is by and large it. Yes the odd
tickets get sorted, but an awful lot don't. If they are, they are in svn
and a lot of your users won't pick them up from there, or as comments in
Trac (took me a while to figure that).

So that equals a whole load of systems with various bugs that aren't
properly patched, a lot of users wondering how to fix it, and reams of
posts on the forums, a lot of which could be avoided, and don't make you
look good. And if you want to sell more (that's your business after all)
you need good publicity in a competitive market.

I now know I have to go trolling through hundreds of bugs trying to find
if there is my one in there, and if there is a fix. 'Is it my lucky day ?'

Yes, you may be watching v6 stuff right now. But my guess is that as
with previous versions, pretty as soon as it is finished you will be
looking elsewhere, and all the new bugs come up will by and large be
ignored.

That is all incredibly frustrating.

Even worse is the knock on effect of this. I've recently taken on the
job of getting SME Server (www.contribs.org) on the rails a bit more,
and we could really do with an updated easy install for a CRM but would
I recommend vTiger outside of my own use ???

At the minute I would find it hard to say yes myself. And people who I
have spoken too have said they would prefer to use that 'other' crm.

As I said, vTiger is great, and I love it. It could be so much greater....