[Vtigercrm-developers] Lazy question on webservices.

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Fri Sep 21 07:34:13 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it didn't seem to make any difference in the UI at all.

Really?  That's what I was used to in 5.2, where there are readonly
code that didn't work.  I haven't had a chance to play with it myself
in 5.3, but when I did the merge, I saw a lot of changes around
readonly fields.  I am hard-pressed to believe that it doesn't work.
How divergent is this code base from stock?

Failing that... going out on a limb here.  What about creating a
second field, identical to the first, that is not displaytype 2, but
field access is only granted to a special ExternalSystem profile, with
an aftersave handler to copy the data into the searchable field?
Seems like going around your ass to get to your elbow, but it just
might work.