[Vtigercrm-developers] Please help - How does the Open Source development works about VTiger?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 04:58:53 PDT 2012

On 19/09/12 12:48, mail-lngoedL+N7qzQB+pC5nmwQ at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Vtiger520:Developer Guide
> There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page
> title in other pages, or search the related logs.

That's an old link. But it really isn't hard to find the dev pages on
the main wiki:

https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Developers

> Does this mean VTiger is a closed development?

I do not believe so. It is "edited" & published by a commercial
organisation (as are many other Open Source products; Alfresco,
OpenERP...) but they do accept contributions and patches and suggestions
so I do not really understand what your issue is here.

> In other words, I think it is useful to know the answers to the
> following questions before I join the community:

> - Who is the "Community"?

Anyone who wants to be "involved".

> - How is the community organized?

Loosely ;-)

> - Is there a list of the members?

No. But just scrap everyone's details from here and the forums [1] if
you really want to.

(Forum: Total posts 130519 • Total topics 38270 • Total members 74618)

> - Can I see the interests or the reason why the people or companies
> are in the community?

Where? Just ask if you want to?

Use the forum for that kind of discussion - this is really the list for
developers.

[1] https://forum.vtiger.com/