[Vtigercrm-developers] Please help - How does the Open Source development works about VTiger?

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Wed Sep 19 04:46:25 PDT 2012

Trac is the best place to submit contributions. vtiger team will be
reviewing the contributions and integrating them after the review process.

what I am missing that I have experienced in other open source projects is
> the communication with core developers and the ability to add to current
> builds, for example I am sure vtiger 6 is being worked on steadily, but I
> have not yet seen anything but some mock ups.

We are afraid of releasing half baked code to the community because then we
will be inundated with questions/reports of issues that we are aware of
while we are also going to be wasting your time. We will be releasing the
alpha version code pretty soon (it got slipped due to some unfinished
tasks). The final version of vtiger 6 is expected to be ready by December
timeframe.

We are certainly looking forward to receiving many contributions from the
community including new layouts & skins (vtiger 6 enables both now) and
extensions. We will be sharing the developer documentation with the alpha
version.

Regards,
Sreenivas

--