[Vtigercrm-developers] Please help - How does the Open Source development works about VTiger?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 02:13:30 PDT 2012

On 19/09/12 10:06, mail at dvoges.de wrote:
> Dear Alan,
>
> I write to you, because I see you are very active in the VTiger
> Development discussions and I don?t want to spam to all developers. Can
> you help me getting on track with VTiger?
>
> As you could see I had two questions in the last days and I am willing
> to fix this by my own, but I don?t know how to start.
>
> The first question about the build-in backup was answered with: ?Do it
> from extern?. To my second question about individual Email SMTP Hosts I
> got three answers, 1) Why; 2) It is complicated; 3) Some guys from
> Romania want to this for money. Beside this, there was an unnecessary
> discussion about blacklists and spamming with mails.
>
> MY MAIN QUESTION IS: How does the Open Source development works about
> VTiger?
>
> There are two large Sites www.vtiger.com and www.vtiger.de but on both
> sides it seems they only want to sell their services. Is there someone
> like ?Linus Thorvald? for Linux, who keeps the strings together? I still
> don?t know how a version is build and how I can add some code from my side.
>
> Thanks and greeting from Germany
>
> Detlef Voges
>

> PS: I see nothing bad about earning money with VTiger, but I don?t find
> any way to participate.

Submit code and/or start reading the Wiki and asking questions.

I should think most of us on the list make money from vtiger. It is one
of my company's most active products.

But we also contribute ideas and code back to the community. That's the
way it works.

Please keep on the mailing list - I don't use this email account for
anything other than mailing lists.

Alan

--
Libertus Solutions