[Vtigercrm-developers] Email with different SMTP hosts

mail at dvoges.de mail at dvoges.de
Mon Sep 17 04:07:52 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Prologue:
Funny thing here, my first question was about the backup in VTiger. I
learned that the professionals don?t use the Build-In-Function of
VTiger itself. Ok, I changed in the same way, from now on I have a
crontab job to do that.

New Problem:
There is only one SMTP address for every user in VTiger for sending
emails. This is not suitable!

Solution idea:
Depending on the user, the SMTP will be searched by using the users
account to determine his SMTP gateway.

Questions:
- Is this a good idea?
- Has this already been done?