[Vtigercrm-developers] Excel report problem when using special characters

Rami Addady rami at active.co.il
Wed Oct 10 02:34:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have problem with exporting reports to Excel, when the report contain
Cyrillic characters (Russian). it appear in the Excel file as question
marks.

There was a solution to Vtiger 5.2.1:
https://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=41687

But thing was change in the code since then and its not feasible in
Vtiger 5.4.

I found on the Internet this article:
http://www.ustrem.org/en/articles/generate-excel-speadsheet-en/ which is
look relevant.

Vtiger use Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer package for exporting to Excel,
I found reference to this package in the Vtiger code at those files:

* include/php_writeexcel/class.writeexcel_formula.inc.php
* include/php_writeexcel/class.excel.php

But I can't figure out what and where I should change in order to fix
the problem.

For example to reproduce the problem you can this Cyrillic value:
"Абдуллаева" in filed that shown in one of your report.

Any idea?

Thanks
Rami