[Vtigercrm-developers] Field only changed once? displaytype 4 and 5

Vikas Jain vikas at vtiger.com
Sun Nov 11 21:29:31 PST 2012

Hi,

Adding fields to line items has been one frequent request so displaytype 5
fields will be used in line items.
Also these fields will need separate handlings in reports and custom
filters so a different displaytype is
added specifically for them. Completed support from the server end is
planned in the future updates.

On 9 November 2012 20:14, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/11/12 11:12, Joe Bordes wrote:
> > With displaytype=4 you can set the field normally when creating, and
> > then when you click on the edit button (full edit view screen) it does
> > not appear, it simply isn't there. So the end functionality is that you
> > have a field that can only be set on create which I understand is
> > equivalent to your sentence: "stop users from changing .. after first
> save"
>
> Hi Joe,
>
> Thanks for that! I tried it again and it does work. :-)
>
> Using displaytype=4 means the field is editable on create. After the
> first save it is visible but not editable.
>
> > **Question for vtiger**:    In this same line, I have noticed that
> > vtiger 6 has a new displaytype (5).  What is that one for?
>
> Interesting - I would like to know that too.
>
> Cheers
>
> Al

Regards
Vikas