[Vtigercrm-developers] Field only changed once? displaytype 4 and 5

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Fri Nov 9 03:12:42 PST 2012

Hi,

I use this normally for this case and never had problems. I just tried
it now with a uitype 10 field and it worked correctly, at least to what
I understand.

With displaytype=4 you can set the field normally when creating, and
then when you click on the edit button (full edit view screen) it does
not appear, it simply isn't there. So the end functionality is that you
have a field that can only be set on create which I understand is
equivalent to your sentence: "stop users from changing .. after first save"

**Question for vtiger**:    In this same line, I have noticed that
vtiger 6 has a new displaytype (5).  What is that one for?

Have a nice weekend
Joe
TSolucio

@Alan,  sorry I thought I had sent this to the list.