[Vtigercrm-developers] Company details

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 07:04:06 PST 2012

On 08/11/12 14:41, Adam Heinz wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've a couple of ideas on how to do this but until I start I'm not sure
>> how hard this bit is going to be.
>
> Not too bad.  We encode some information into quote numbers, which I
> accomplished by overriding setModuleSeqNumber() in the Quotes class.

I have the functionality now working :-)

A very small hack in insertIntoEntityTable just to modify the module
name for the call to setModuleSeqNumber(). (See the "Re: Field only
changed once?" thread for that)

An eventhandler on the Company module which creates new rows on
modentity_num with the semodule described as {Quote, SaleOrder,
Invoice}.companyid, e.g. Quotes16

Seems to be working nicely.

I need to do some cosmetic cleaning now - I'd like to update my
"Sequence" number fields in the Company record each time a new Quote
etc. is saved. A few more event handlers I reckon...

Cheers