[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger 6 issues

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Wed Nov 7 07:29:02 PST 2012

On 04/11/12 09:50, Sreenivas Kanumuru wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. I shared my comments below

Thanks for listening :-)

> *No apparent logic to which items remain in the top bar once clicked
>> e.g. Sales Orders. Purchase Orders etc. Some remain longer than others -
>> e.g.
>> **Documents / Products.*
> All the items in the main menu are static, they do not change unless you
> change the order in Menu Editor. When you select an additional item from
> the 'All' menu, it is added as an additional item on the main menu.

Refining my thoughts a little. When an item is selected from the All
menu it gets added to the bar.

e.g.

Calendar-Leads-Organiz-Contacts-Opportun-Products-Documents-All

If I then select another menu item it adds it after Documents

Calendar-Leads-Organiz-Contacts-Opportun-Products-Documents-Vendors-All

If I then select another item such as Calendar, the Vendors entry
disappears. On the basis that the item I used last is probably the one I
want to go back to, it would make sense to leave it on the bar until
another item is selected from All to replace it.

> We will hold onto following UI suggestions below and react after getting
> some more feedback from others.

OK. I'll keep my fingers crossed :-)

> Please share more details about the Vendor contacts request. Currently, you
> can link Contacts to Vendor. Are you looking for a 'Vendor Contacts' module
> that is similar to 'Contacts'?

Yes, exactly that. I would love to see a separate module for Vendor
Contacts. Most of our Vendors have multiple Contacts (e.g. Sales dept,
Accts dept etc) just the same as Organizations do. However, I don't want
them mixed with the Sales Contacts - it would be too easy to mail to the
wrong people !

B. Rgds
John