[Vtigercrm-developers] 6.0 Functionality Comments

Doug sailsfast at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 12:18:41 PDT 2012

Don't know if you want to put these in Trac yet, they are functionality
issues rather than bugs.

Won't know a lot until migrate a copy of our 5.4 and attempt to use it full
up....

Straight away...

Under Leads and Contacts...
The "Add Event" button is buried under "more" which is too many clicks for
the most used function.  Every lead gets at least 1 "call" event added
before it gets converted.  Too many clicks.

Under Calender- Add event...
1) The functionality of adding a "follow up" event is gone.  We use that in
most, 70% or more, of our closed event entries.

2) Recurrence needs to be more robust.  Monthly, does that mean the 1
tuesday every month or on the 1st every month?

3) no way to do multiple leads or contacts as attendees

4) the start time for the event is 4 hours later than the current time.
Particularly for a "Call" event the start time should be the current time.
(I would, do have to change that every time I place a call)

5) It would be nice to have a "NOW" button that would place the current
time in the end field for a call.

6) Sharing might fix this but no way to add another user to an event, ie.
assign a service tech to a sales call I have created and going on myself.