[Vtigercrm-developers] Calendar user colours

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Tue May 22 13:53:05 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before I embark on a quest to re-write the wheel has anyone done some
> simple mods to the calendar to even just read and display a colour value
> from the users table? In the short term* I'd be happy to set these
> manually in the db.

We did almost exactly what you describe last year -- stored a color
value as a field on the user.  See
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/4128 for some related
feature discussion.  I just went dumpster diving through source
control and it looks like we were 5.0.4 (pre-vtlib) at the time, so my
patches don't look particularly useful.  That said, it looks like
vTiger already has some logic in place for appointment color

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/vtigercrm/branches/5.4.0/modules/Calendar/calendarLayout.php#L1108

but I don't see where that appointment color value gets set.  I would
have expected readAppointment().