[Vtigercrm-developers] New cron management in 5.4.0

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:24:44 PDT 2012

On 21/05/12 15:07, Joe Bordes wrote:
> I think the idea is that you now execute the vtigercron.php script and
> it takes care of all the tasks for you.

Yes, that's right. There are also some new vtlib functions to help
manage these jobs (and add new ones for example).

> I think there is a script in the cron directory that does this for you,
> but we are calling that php directly in our installs and it seems to be
> working

cron/vtigercron.sh is the cookie. That bit is working fine; it is email
sending that we are struggling to sort out.

But in this thread I wanted to understand how the scheduler will deal
with intervals which are shorter than the scheduled frequency...