[Vtigercrm-developers] Repeating To-Do in Calendar

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Tue Mar 20 07:43:13 PDT 2012

> I really never got what To Dos were/are for. The thing that really bugs
> me with them is the lack of the reminder notification by email...
> Consequently we gave up using them altogether ages ago.

We use them a lot for 'Tasks' where it is some form of job required to
complete a sale. E.g. when we do some artwork for a job we use a ToDo to
show the status of the artwork job. But they don't repeat like an Event.
We don't need reminders because they don't usually hang around long, but
we can get a list showing all the statuses which is important. They also
have a due date when the Task has to be completed.

It actually keeps things separate from 'Events' such as calls, meetings
etc. and works well for us.

We also get a reminder from IntimateTaskStatus when it is overdue. One
thing that surprises me is that in the Task Overdue email you get a
hyperlink to the ToDo, but not in the original email. Personally I think
all emails from the system should have a hyperlink - a definite NFR.

B. Rgds
John